Sunday, April 12, 2015

"Drew Fisher"

Vocation as A Reflector of Soul Speak

I have discovered that my soul--that is, the Plan that Paul and his Team of spiritual peers, teachers, and counselors came up with for this trip to planet Earth in Drew Fisher form--my soul has a language that enables me, Drew Fisher, to see and accept messages from it with regards to what I could be doing to help expand my current awareness and understanding of Life, Love, Beauty, Joy, and Truth. This language is the language of information, the infinite sensory stimuli bombarding my consciousness at every moment of every day of every lifetime. That’s right, everything I see, everything I feel, everything I think, everything I do, everything I say, everything I hear, everything I read, everything I dream, everything I imagine—it’s all information being given to me, information that I am attracting into my world, so that I can process, take in, ponder, assimilate and accommodate (or not), and, hopefully, make sense of because IT IS ALL PRESENTED AS A MEANS TO MY OWN EVER-EXPANDING VISIONS OF MY SELF, MY WORLD AND MY PLACE and ROLE IN THAT WORLD. 
     Here “ever-expanding” means “ever-changing,” and “ever-growing” for with all of this information we are constantly being bombarded with (which we are also co-creating as we are always attracting exactly the kind of information that we need for growth at each and every moment). We have the choice of which pieces to pay attention to and which to ignore, which to give power to and which to derive power from, which will push us out of our current comfort zone (so that we can grow) and which we will pull into our field because it reinforces a comfortable place that we currently find ourselves. The problem here is it is never very safe to get too comfortable in a certain place for too long because that is the opposite of life:  Life is flow! You can get comfortable clinging to that rock in the river, but all of the really big excitement and adventures and learning and true growth happen out in the stream, out in the flow of the river, out in the flow of life. It can be risky and dangerous—especially if you aren’t paying attention and aren’t working on your swimming techniques—but it can also be so rewarding! 
    In my life as Drew Fisher, Journeyman Paul has attracted me to entertain or actually engage in certain career choices. Each and every one of these vocations allowed me to explore a creative side of my being while also helping me to be aware of the distortions or corruptions to Self that can come with each career if and when the Ego/Personality is allowed to drive without allowing spiritual perspective to open and flow. Here are those vocations that I have used for self-knowledge. I have tried to describe what attracted me to the activity, how it served me, and why I eventually "outgrew," rejected, or moved past it.

Architect – With the architect mindset I engage my will, wisdom and knowledge in the creation of my home, my work place, my world, my world view. Being an architect involves developing the ability to recreate ones relationships--to everything--over and over and over. It is an exhilarating activity to create a living environment. Especially with all of the variables of human function that one might prioritize and desire in a living/working space. 
     The flaw I found in architecture is in the way it can be misused. When the architect remains ego-driven--when he forgets that his service is to provide a structure that is reflective of the ideas and feelings of others—of those who commissioned his services--then the architect has failed and the architecture becomes immersed in the illusory nature of physical and emotional constructs. The architect's design should be a reflective projection of both his Self and the perceived needs and desires of the others who have commissioned his or her work. 
     A wonderful book title (and a beautiful, wonderful book, as well) that fell into my life about 20 years ago is House as Mirror of Self. A Jungian concept, it is, to my mind, a brilliant reminder. The house is a mirror of the self! How you decorate, move through, treat, clean (or not), which rooms you frequent (and why) all serve as metaphors for the way you 'decorate,' move through, treat, clean (or not) your Self! The rooms you ignore reflect inner parts of your Self that you choose to ignore. The rooms you fear are reflective of parts of your self that you are afraid to look into, afraid to face, afraid to deal with. The rooms you frequent and find joy in are reflective of the parts of you that you find joy and comfort in. Think about it sometime and you'll find so much you can learn from the way you treat and use your home.
     I have learned to extrapolate the concept of the house as mirror of the Self by replacing the first noun ("house") with any and every other noun of choice. The point is, everything is a mirror of Self; everything has been co-created by, attracted to, and noticed by you because it offers valuable information--information that can be helpful to your ever-expanding awareness, understanding, and use of Self. Thus, we are all architects.  

Athlete – Athletics endeavor to fine tuning the body and mind. The psycho-spiritual benefits of moving the body (and mind) can be exhilarating. (Movement is Life!) The drive and will-power necessary to achieve competitive success in a particular endeavor is always admirable and awesome. But the can be taken to an extreme which creates imbalance and disharmony--builds compartments of the Ego/Personality that may not serve the soul/Spirit as well as planned. Addictive patterns are all too easy to fall into within the higher echelons of athletics. We live in a time in which athletic prowess offers many, many Ego temptations. The athlete who achieves spiritual success--self-actualization and Self-realization--is rare. Yes, it is quite an accomplishment to display the extraordinary abilities of these human bodyminds, but to what end? For the entertainment of others? But we must ask ourselves, why do these people seek entertainment? And the answer is that they are seeking escape. They are creating distraction after distraction so that they can avoid having to do their own inner work.
     Because of the perspective that my work in the healing arts gives me, I now see that each and every human being is an athlete of some kind:  We all use our bodies and minds to perform tasks that require strength, coordination and stamina in the course of every day of our lives. The professional or competitive athlete, however, chooses to focus on conditioning that body and mind to an unusually high degree. The problem that comes with competitive and repetitive athletes is that they are more susceptible to over-use and abuse syndromes—both physically and psycho-spiritually. These can lead to injuries or stuck patterns that can later impede, limit or even disable the bodymind from optimum performance capability, but which can also lead to diseases that affect the health (by “health” I mean “open flow of Joy, Love, Truth, and Beauty”) of that individual and many people around that individual—all of which can be a good thing for the potential lessons and growth of that individual as well as all of the people around or affected by that individual. 
     We are all marvels of physical capacity; we are all Athletes.

Lover – Every single person on the planet is worthy or deserving of my love and attention. When I was young, my mother “accused” me of always falling in love because I was in love with being in love! It’s true: I fall in love with virtually every person I get to meet and interact with. Now please be sure here to dissociate love with one of its forms of expression, sex. When I say I fall in love with everyone I meet, it does not mean that I want to have sex with them. "Making love" with a person is a wonderful expression of one's love, but it is not the only or the end all be all. It is not even the highest expression of love. In "falling in love" with virtually every person I get to meet and interact with, I have come to recognize the joy and elation I feel with the recurring awareness that 1) they're just like me! 2)we all have the same flaws and potentialities, 3) we are all equally worthy and deserving of love, 4) we are all the same--that is, we are all made up of the same stuff, physically, emotionally, mentally, psychologically, spiritually. That commonality is recognized by that Voice within me. The Divinity in you is recognized, cherished, celebrated, loved by the Divinity in me.
     I have been fortunate to have had many teachers help me to discover the forms and layers of Love, the uses and misuses that humans fall into with regards to love, as well as the Self-improving and Self-limiting ways that love can be used. Love is all there is but "love" can be misinterpreted and manipulated when the artificial, illusory constructs, patterns and habits of the Ego/Personality are dominant.
     We are all capable of seeing and celebrating the Divinity in each other. We are all Lovers. 

Doctor— At one point I thought I wanted to be come doctor—I thought I wanted to be a part of the effort to try to find a cure for cancer. How arrogant it is for one to believe that one person can or should derive a thing to try to cleanse away another person’s very personal and self-attracted and self-serving soul inhibitions! Cancer—like any disease—like all diseases—serves a purpose! It is a tremendous teacher of humility to the Ego/Personality and can be a tremendous agent for the breakdown and destruction of huge damns that have been constructed by the fear-filled, emotion-hoarding Ego/Personality. As the false and illusory constructs of the Ego/Personality are destroyed the flow of spirit is allowed to come shining through, then can we know true vibrancy and true health! 
     Our current "civilization's" medical and "health care" systems are not addressing either health or care but disease and Ego-driven treatment procedures and protocols. Any system would address the whole the person, the diet, the emotional and psychological factors, as well as the psycho-spiritual level of development of the individual.
     I did not and do not choose mainstream modern medicine or modern "health care" for my the care of my physical, emotional, or mental well-being because it is void of recognition of the Soul and the Spirit. The "system" I have chosen addresses all health and dis-ease from a spiritual perspective. As Alice Bailey channeled from Master Dwal Khul, All dis-ease is the result of inhibited soul life. Thus, it is from a spiritual perspective, looking at the state and flow of the soul, that all dis-ease should be approached.
    Along the way, I have learned that we are all sources of comfort, support and empathy on the journey toward healing and Self-actualization; We are all Doctors . . . of our Souls. 

Priest – At one point I came to believe that my gifts and talents would best serve the world if I were to become a priest in the Roman Catholic Church. Among the most sacred and powerful "peak" moments of my young life had been those few minutes after taking the Eucharist. I would feel so light and so full of love and ecstasy that I would forget I was human, forget that I had a body, that there were things like space and time. For those few moments that I was "filled" with Jesus, I felt as if I was pure Light and Love. Thus, the attraction to the priesthood: I would be learning to serve this experience to others as well as honoring its sanctity through my work.
     But, with the power of the priest--a power that is given of others merely through the title, the garb, the list of commitments that each individual supposedly adheres to while practicing 'being a priest'--comes an unnatural and perhaps undeserved respect and power over others. Any respect and authority I want to be given I felt I needed to earn--from every single person, every single time I meet them. The priesthood felt intuitively like a breech of this sacred trust between individual humans. Still, to this day, I desire to help bring the sacred to everyone’s life. It's just that the arrogance of inherent and unearned power gets in the way--drives me away.
     We are all emissaries of Light and Love; We are all Priests.

Teacher – Similar to the priest, the teacher represents an ego-driven vocation in which a single human being allows him- or herself to take a position of power and authority over other human beings in order to “better” those individuals he/she is meant to serve. The real problem with the teacher model is that the term "better" is relative and different to every single human begin, every culture, every social group, every law, every mandate. Also, in our current society the position called "teacher" or "educator" has become so distorted:   No longer is it the job of the teacher to help guide and expose the individual learner to information and experiences that will help that individual to find out what interests he/she is attracted to, to discover what is best and most enjoyable to each and every individual, to enable the discovery, development and unfolding of one's strengths, weaknesses and potentialities--but, instead, the teacher is a flow through cog in the proscribed dissemination of information and behavior patterns for a control group of consumer-minded and work-force recruiting, and socio-economically stratifying separation system. Not only is the teacher undeservedly afforded too much power and control over the body, mind and psychospiritual aspects of being human, but they, too, are under the severely controlling, fear-based manipulation of a hierarchical system of enslavement. “Teach this or lose your job." "Make sure your students learn this or lose your job." "Keep you kids in quiet, in straight lines, behaving in these certain ways or, lose your job.”  The teacher can be a resource guide, a facilitator of self-awareness and self-improvement while always, always keeping in mind that every human being should be allowed to define himself and his own ever-changing versions of Beauty, Love, Joy, and Truth according to his/her own personal and ever-changing standards.
     We are all mirrors and guides in the quest for self-awareness, self-improvement, and self realization; thus, We are all Teachers.

World Traveller – I became preoccupied in my youth with looking for that special place, that special art form, that special person that I believed would be necessary for me to fulfill, complete, make myself whole. What I eventually discovered that that person is me, my Self. All I ever need and all the Love, Beauty, Truth and Joy there is comes from within and through me. And using travel as an escape is an exercise in futility because wherever you go there you are. That is, every time you envision the new city, new home, new job, new country, new relationship as the thing you need to finally be happy, to finally feel fulfilled and satisfied you are deluding yourself because the real issues, the real discontent, dis-satisfaction, dis-harmony and dis-ease lies within you: you can never run away from your self. You can ignore, distract yourself from looking within, but the issues will remain there, unresolved, suppressed, festering and building in intensity until they are finally address, until they are finally given the attention they are clamoring for--the attention that you planned to give when you made your Plan for this trip to Earth.
     The concept of the esteemed scholar/professor, confined his whole life to his home town, rarely even straying from the path from his apartment to the college or university of his employ or to the market and back and yet, through the tremendous knowledge and "experience" he is able to accumulate through his prolific book reading, he is able to discuss--in intimate detail--the streets, weather, peoples, museums and art, architecture of distant places around the world--this though he has never travelled outside the confines of his home town much less his country! This is an example of the power of the imagination--the power of information to trigger deep understanding, deep awareness, deep 'archetypal' information that is common to all of us at the soul level of 'memory.' Our real travels are on the inward paths we take.

Writer – As I've elucidated before, “fictional” characters have helped my unconscious, my Soul, to process and fulfill various paths of interest and curiosity. Writing—and all art and consciousness are mirrors of the writing process—helps to release “demons,” i.e. expresses a part of Self, follows the path Self could choose/could have chosen thus releasing Self from having to actually take that path! Drew Fisher has long been--and will continue to be--a writer.

Husband – one-on-one relationship always presents one’s Self with a mirror: we are attracted to the people, places, events, and things in this world because they offer us prime material and opportunities for reflection, re-evaluation, growth, and self-realization. Marriage is one of the most duplicitous human constructs because it can be so beautifully harmonious and fluid and yet it can also be ridden with conflict and stress. Marriage offers you an infinite number of experiences of Love, Beauty, Joy, and Truth (if you are willing to be open to see them), while, at the same time, you are daily faced with parts of your Self that you may not want to deal with. Marriage can be the most intense rollercoaster ride!
     Where human cultures have abused the employment of the intimate partner relationship model is in institutionalizing marriage with blanketed rules and expectations it has developed and become attached to. The intimate relationship model only works if each of the partners is fully engaged in the acceptance, reflection and use of the Self-awareness and Self-improving information that is available, that is mirrored, in these intense and in-your-face relationships. If a relationship does not feel like it is serving you, or both parties are no longer able to feel the value or potential for growth in that particular relationship, then it may be time to move on. The great misnomer, however, is the illusion that once you have separated or divorced that that relationship is over, it is finished. This is far from the truth. Since any and every relationship is ultimately with ones Self, the dynamics and details of any and every relationship remain alive, active, and demanding of attention . . . forever! The Self-"work" that you were supposed to do through the use of one particular relationship will follow you over and over again until you have appropriately faced, processed  and learned from the particular issues--after which there will, of course, be others. (Our work is never done!)    

Father – Like marriage, parenthood offers a barrage of experiences and opportunites for self-awareness. Nowhere is the human being brought face-to-face with his or her own “shit” than when working with children. 
     Fatherhood for me ultimately enabled me to come face-to-face with the fact that, yes, indeed, I do have an agenda and that I can learn how not to push my own agenda on others so that they can then have the freedom (with supported space) in which to travel their own paths and discover their own “agendas.”
     We are all Parents to our own undeveloped, growing, expanding, ever-learning, ever-curious, ever-eager "inner children." The person who can best nurture the individual's chances to notice, reflect upon, and learn from the information bombarding us at all times is a successful parent. 

Healing Arts therapist – Through my career as a massage therapist and chooser of holistic approaches to my own health and well-being, I have learned that no one “fixes” or “heals” another. In fact, it is only the Self that can allow health and healing to come shining through for itself; all dis-ease is but a reflection of inhibited soul light. The Ego/Personality can attach itself to some very powerful ideas and constructs which then proceed to inhibit the flow of soul life, soul information, soul plans. Restrictions of the flow of soul/spirit information lead to disease in the Personality bodies, which include the mental, emotional and physical forms. When a disease symptom becomes manifest in the physical body know that this is the spirit’s last resort effort to notify you that there is a very big restriction in the flow of Will, Love, Beauty, Truth, Joy or other Information coming from the spiritual realms--that there are serious issues that you have not been paying attention to and that need to be addressed and resolved or else the disease processes will continue to manifest themselves in the physical, emotional, or mental forms.   

Farmer – Farming has allowed me to learn the joy of working with humankind's true nurturing Mother, the Earth. Working in a harmonious, symbiotic way has been the challenging part. Learning who work with Her, to take what She gives while trying to reciprocate Her gift-giving spirit, along with figuring out what is truly necessary to “feed” the Self—biologically as well as psycho-spiritually--has been one of the amazing lessons I face through farming. 


Blogger, Podcaster, and Radio Show host -- sharing my love, my wisdom, my knowledge through the enthusiastic expression of my words is one of the best ways I have discovered to help promote my own continued growth. As information flows one cannot help but want to work it, kneed it, process it, keep what works for you, and let go of that which does not seem to serve you (now). The Throat Chakra is the human vehicle's place where Truth is expressed to the world: through the hands and things that the hands can manipulate, through the voice and ears in interpersonal communication, through music and writing, cooking and growing, touching and helping. These insignificant, 'small' and safe means of expression are my way of giving, of passing information through me and on to some other person who might resonate with it or resist it (both of which are equally valuable in the process of self-definition). 
     We all hope to find means to share love, share our purpose, share our ideas with others. Words, song, art are all means to this flow.

The Drew Fisher vehicle has been quite a valuable one for Journeyman Paul. Through Drew Fisher Paul has been able to put together many of the pieces of Life. Mastery of the laws of four-dimensional Earth-based life form is exhibited by use of the laws--use of the Illusions--whereas one used to be 'under the power of' and 'used by' the laws and Illusions. Paul is approaching the place in which he may choose whether or not to he deems a return to four-dimensional "school" as helpful for his continued growth and progress or whether he is ready and desirous of "moving on." There are, after all, other dimensions, other worlds, spiritual law, and other means to work with the Grand Illusions of Cosmic Creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment